Discover more from Looking Sideways: 10 Things
Looking Sideways: 10 Things
10 things I thought were worth sharing this week
If you want to trial a paid subscription, there’s a really simple way: just forward this to five friends using the button below, and if they sign up free or paid, you’ll get three months paid sub free. Easy.
1. I’m taking a week off! Why do you care? Because there will be no posts next week while I head to Normandy for a much-needed break from the computer and all things podcast. I’m hoping for plenty of the above (and yes that size would do just nicely thank you very much) and have got a big stack of books on standby. Normal service will resume on Monday September 18th with my forthcoming conversation with Cliff Kapono.
2. While we’re chatting Looking Sideways housekeeping, I’ve had a few people recently ask how they can support the podcast without taking out a paid subscription. If that sounds like a bit of you, you could order one of the last remaining copies of Looking Sideways Vol. 1 for yourself or a pal, you could make a donation, which some people are into, but which I never really push. Or you could order one of the ace new Looking Sideways mugs I finally just sorted out and which have been flying off the virtual shelves! There’s also a full range of LS clobber on there. As ever, thanks for the support!
3. Last year I raved about Seamas Carey’s The Reason Why podcast, so I really enjoyed this lovely little film by his Men Are Singing choir.
4. What a shame to see that Surf Snowdonia has closed down.
5. I really enjoyed this very interesting podcast about the killer whales v yachts business. Listen above.
Looking Sideways is proudly reader and listener supported. Thanks to all my paid subscribers, who help keep the podcast and newsletter free for everybody, including new paid subscribers Jason, Matt and Ross who took the plunge this week. To support Looking Sideways with a free or paid subscription, sign up below
6. Josie Lori with a viral ‘do a kickflip’ with a difference.
7. I’m not too sure anybody comes out of the Tremaine Emory versus Supreme spat too well.
8. This new one from Keith Malloy, Jeff Johnson and friends about Emi and dad Roger Erickson is well worth 25 minutes of your time.
9. As a child of the 80s, I loved the Wham! doc. Such a sweet story of childhood friendship ❤️
10. Texas waterholes are drying up. I’m sure it’s perfectly fine, part 5000
Got a story or link you think might work for my weekly Ten Things, which goes out to many thousands of readers each week? Let me know!